Editor’s note: The following story by Old Cars reader Matt McLaughlin contains crime details not usually found in Old Cars. As such, reader discretion is advised.

In 1921, the Adams, Wis., area had only five dealerships for the automobile-buying public. There was a Ford dealer in the City of Adams, operated by The Adams Auto Co. One mile north, in the Village of Friendship, there was a Buick dealership operated by Earl Anderson and a combined dealership of Maxwell, Chalmers and Essex, with Charles Fichter as the proprietor. None of them met the luxurious requirements that local man Harvey Church desired for his motoring enjoyment.

Harvey Church after his apprehension following the murder of two Packard dealership employees in the theft of a 1921 Packard Twin Six.

Harvey Church after his apprehension following the murder of two Packard dealership employees in the theft of a 1921 Packard Twin Six.



Source link